Singaporeans love traveling, but dog owners among us will know that being away means there would be no one to feed, play with and walk their furkids.
Dogs are also very different from cats in the sense that they need their daily exercise and interaction time with their pawrents. There are many dogs who will easily develop destructive or aggressive behaviours if left alone for long periods of time.
So, we don’t recommend going overseas and leaving your dog at home with an automatic feeder thinking that’ll solve it.
Instead, have a friend dog-sit for a few days. If that’s not an option, choose a good dog boarding house or hotel. Here, we have shortlisted 10 dog hotels that have good reviews.
- Dog boarding in the East of Singapore
- Dog boarding in the West of Singapore
- Dog boarding in the North of Singapore
1. Pawty Paws (Joo Chiat)
Pawty Paws is a dog hotel slash daycare slash spa, and they accept small to extra large dogs.
Pawty Paws dog hotel prices cost $59 per night. The “Standard Suites” are spacious and has 24-hour CCTV access. If you have multiple dogs, you may let them share the suite at $30 per additional dog.
They even have treadmills in the hotel to make sure your dog get some exercise.
The carers would be able to take care of your dogs based on your own instructions and they go as far as to provide night lights for your dogs.
- Fully air-conditioned
- Pre-temperament trial assesment
- Constant video and photo updates
- Transportation services: $35 one-way
Address: 479 Joo Chiat Road #02-00 Singapore 427684
Contact: 9795 2662 or [email protected]
2. Mutts & Mittens (Sungei Tengah)
Mutts and Mittens offers both cat boarding and dog boarding facilities in separate locations. Mutts & Mittens dog boarding house is at Sungei Tengah Road, while the one for cats is at Geylang.
While the location at Sungei Tengah Road isn’t the most convenient unless you live in the west, the rooms are super spacious.
Single rooms are 170 x 240 cm large while double rooms are 340 x 480 cm large. There’s a water bowl and a pet bed for each room. Prices are as such:
- Small dogs under 10kg: $40 per day
- Medium dogs between 11 and 20 kg: $45 per day
- Large dogs between 21 and 30 kg: $50 per day
- X-tra large dogs above 31 kg: $55 per day
If you have adopted your dog from an Animal Welfare Group, you get a 10% off for your dogs.
We love the cute geometric designs of the Mutts & Mittens theme, but even more so, the spacious rooms that dogs at boarding can enjoy.
- Choice of air-conditioned / outdoor kennels
- Price inclusive of weekly basic grooming, brushing
- Daily 15 minutes of walk and exercise session
- Food provided: Wellness Healthy Balance Adult Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe
- Vaccinations required (not less than 30 days and not more than 12 months before check-in)
- Compulsory de-ticking before boarding
- Provide boarding for above 6 months
- Transport service: $30 per way (excluding GST)
Address: 59 Sungei Tengah Road, The Animal Lodge, Blk B #01-03/04, Singapore 699014
Contact: 6583 7371, [email protected]
3. Action for Singapore Dogs (Lim Chu Kang)
Action for Singapore Dogs is an organisation that helps to foster and re-home dogs with a strict no-kill policy. Their efforts are primarily aimed at giving dogs a second chance in life, but they also offer boarding services.
At ASD, each dog will have a private cubicle and they will share also a large 26 ft x 7 ft area with 2 private kennels.
The charges are $30 per day (inclusive of check-in day) for small dogs under 10kg and $40 per day for dogs above 10kg.
Grooming is additional and costs $30 for deticking and defleaing, $30 for shampooing and cleaning of ears, and $10 for additional Frontline Plus spot-on.
- Private cubicles
- Viewing before commitment
- Fan-cooled environment
- Assistance on stand-by
- Simple assessment will be carried out to check the health of the dog.
- Book 2 weeks in advance for intended date of stay
- Transportation services: $50 (2-way, weekdays); $60 for Saturdays, $70 for Sundays.
Address: 80 Lim Chu Kang Lane 1, Singapore 718911
Contact: 9735 8888, [email protected]
4. Doggies Galore (Beauty World)
Located within the vicinity of Beauty World MRT, Doggies Galore offers daycare, grooming and boarding.
Their staff are certified with Canine First-Aid Response and when your dogs are boarded there, the dogs get allocated playtime and a complimentary bath & dry session (minimum 1 week’s stay).
Doggies Galore’s dog boarding rates are only available if you contact them directly.
- Live-feed Cameras
- Staff certified with Canine First-Aid Response
- Allocated playtime (Playroom)
- Complimentary Bath & Dry (min. 1 week stay)
Address: 17 Binjai Park, Singapore 589825
Contact: 9625 3184, [email protected]
5. The Wagington (Dempsey)
The Wagington is the most luxurious pet boarding service. Housed in a conservation building in Dempsey, the rooms are 15 sqft, 48 sqft, 120 sqft big.
The most luxurious Royal Suite even has a queen sized bed, a chandelier and lighting mood control. They have a TV, a “room-dining” menu and complimentary chew toys.
Here are the rates for non-peak seasons:
- Junior Suite (15 sq ft): $75 per night for 1 pet, $131.25 for 2 pets.
- Superior Suite (48 sq ft): $145 per night for 1 pet, $239.25 per night for 2 pets
- Royal Suite (96 sq ft): $175 per night for 1 pet, $288.75 for 2 pets
- Garden Suite (120 sq ft): $185 per night for 1 pet, $305.25 for 2 pets
All suites’ rates include 1x complimentary daily swim and 1x complimentary daily fitness walk. There’s also access to the doghill garden for socialisation and playtime.
- 4 different spacious suites, fully air-conditioned
- HD CCTV for owners to view
- Surround sound system with soothing music
- Complimentary daily swim and fitness walk
- Access to doghill garden for socialisation and playtime
Address: 27B Loewen Road, Singapore 248850
Contact: 6471 1689, [email protected]
6. Petopia, The Suites @ KLOUD 9 (Seletar)
Petopia offers a standard premium room as well as a luxurious prestige suite. The dogs are allowed to play in a common play area then at nightfall, they enter into their personal suites for rest.
Petopia spares no effort in giving their doggie guests the best life, including maintaining clean air in the dog hotel. and housekeeping conducted twice daily.
They also will feed what your dog has been eating at home, but if you don’t want to bring food, Petopia can also provide food at a surcharge.
Petopia charges $68 per day for the Premium room, $98 for its Cosy Suite, $148 for Family Suite and $178 for Prestige Suite.
- Common play area
- 24-hour CCTV cameras
- Interaction with caretakers
- Ability to view the suites between 1 to 5pm every day (appointment only)
- Mandatory flea & tick dip before check-ins
- Daily playtime & walks
- Complimentary Shampoo Session (3 days-stay), Styling (15 days-stay or more)
- Transportation (additional Charges apply)
Address: 26 Jalan Kelulut, Seletar Hills Estate (S) 809043
Contact: 6886 9056, [email protected]
7. Dear Mutt
Dear Mutt is located near Upper Thomson. The predominantly white walls are contrasted with walnut wood interiors, and each dog has a large spacious room.
The prices are on the high side, but we like that it includes things like 2 complimentary walks per day and a calm environment thanks to essential oils and calming music.
The prices are as such:
- Small dogs (25 sq ft standard room): $60 per day
- Medium dogs (33 sq ft premium room): $70 per day
- Large dogs (43 sq ft premium suite): $80 per day
- Multiple dogs (60 sq ft family suite): $130 per day
They also have a package price where you can get discounts for staying at least 10/20 nights.
- Fully air-conditioned
- 2 complimentary walks per day
- Feeding according to owners’ instructions
- Scheduled playtime with the caretaker
- Careful checks on dog license, flea, ticks, vaccinations and general cleanliness
- Live CCTV is available but chargeable at an extra of $8 per day
- Essential oils and soothing music to make your dogs feel calm and relaxed
Address: 17 Venus Drive, Singapore 574304
Contact: 6459 9180
8. Straits Dog (Yio Chu Kang)
Straits Dog is an established and affordable dog boarding home located at Yio Chu Kang. They also have a doggie swimming pool inside the facility.
Small/medium dogs can board from $10 for Executive Rooms and $20 for Deluxe Rooms. Large breed dogs can only board in the Deluxe Room, but the good thing is that the price is still an affordable $20 per night.
All suites at Straits Dogs have natural light and you can also add on “spa” services and exercise sessions.
- Private Suites
- CCTV? WhatsApp?
- Doggy Pool & Spa
- Playtime & Exercise
- Experienced Caretakers
- Transportation service: $35 to $40 one-way and $55 to $65 two-way
Address: 21 Kalidasa Ave, Singapore 789400
Contact: 9729 9204, [email protected]
9. Ginny and Friends
Ginny and Friends is located next to Springleaf Prata at Upper Thomson Road. The impressive thing about Ginny and Friends is that there is 24-hour staff assistance at their boarding house.
Puppies and small dog boards for $45 per dog per night while medium dogs board for $50 per dog per night. Large dogs board for $55 per dog per night and if you have a “gigantic” dog breed, it will cost $60 per dog per night. Surcharges apply for public holidays.
- 24-hour staff-assistance
- Playtime & Dog-walks
- Fully air-conditioned
- 24-hour CCTV
- Transportation: $20 (1 way)
Address: 9 Thong Soon Ave, Singapore 787436
Contact: 6754 3677, 9846 3170, [email protected]
10. The WanderLodge (somewhere north)
The Wanderlodge is a private home boardng that provides a cage-free environment for dogs. There is 24-hour air conditioning, daily walks and playtime, and a huge space for the dogs to roam and explore. There are trained staff to supervise and monitor dogs at all times.
Small dogs cost $30 per day to board, medium dogs cost $40 per day to board and large dogs cost $50 per day to board.
- 24-hour air-conditioning
- Private rooms
- Daily walks, playtime and care
- New guests will be given anti-flea/ticks prevention charging $15 per guest
- Rates start from $50 per day
- Basic training available (charges separate)
- Viewing allowed (appointment only)
- Transportation: $40 one-way and $60 two-way
Address: Northern area, private locale
Contact: 9873 7704, [email protected]
Home-based dog boarding in Singapore
Home-based Dog boarding services are also available in Singapore. You might prefer home-based dog boarding services for a more personalised touch and usually, such home-based dog boarding has fewer dogs than established facilities.
Contact each one and make your own decision on whether the service is good or not. Do note that boarders may own pets themselves. In such cases, your dog must have a sociable temperament so that it can co-exist with others.
- Fun Doggy & Kitty Dream Pawcation
- Furries Loft (Sengkang)
- House of Mrow
- Paw Magic Petcation – Dog Boarding & Play School Singapore
- Super Cuddles
Online platforms to find dog sitters and boarding services
There are tons of online platforms that you can use to find dog sitters and dog boarding services in Singapore. Make sure you read up on customer reviews and vet each service before proceeding.
Checklist to use for dog boarding
Here are some things you should consider before you decide on a dog boarding services.
- Do they have cameras for 24-hour viewing?
- Will they send updates via WhatsApp/Telegram, or better, have CCTV access?
- Do they check their guests for fleas and mites?
- Do they have staff working on standby round the clock (24/7)?
- Do they cater to dogs with special needs or anxiety issues?
- Do they bring the dogs out for walks and activities?
- Do they allow viewing of premises before you commit?
- Does the service have good reviews by previous customers?
- Are the rooms air-conditioned?
- Are the staffs friendly and happy?
- Do they provide transportation services?
What do you think about these dog boarding services? Have any other dog boarding services to suggest?